Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cool Camera Toy!

Oooooooh boy, have I got a cool gadget for you! 

We've all got cameras, and we use them constantly!  I take oodles and oodles of pictures!  All the time, and they total in the thousands!!  I'm sure that a lot of you are just like me!  Then, after I take all those pictures, I have to upload them to my computer so I can edit, share, or scrap them! I used to hate taking all those cords out, finding the right ones and making sure it is all connected correctly!  But then... aaaaaahhhhh... I found these little wonders:

They are called Eye-Fi Cards!  Simply, they are awesomeness that is about the size of a postage stamp!  What do they do?  Well, I take my pictures, come home, turn on my computer and turn on my camera.  The Eye-Fi card will AUTOMATICALLY transfer my images to my computer. INSTANTLY!  No cords, no connections, just instant photo upload!  

For my personal use, I upload to my computer and leave it as it.  Later, when I am sitting down and plan to work with my photos,  (I have a Mac and I run multiple photo libraries) I click on my Photo Manager and choose the correct library that I want my pictures to be saved at, and once it loads, it also loads my new pictures!  WOW, right?!  

You can choose different options for the card, as well as choosing instant uploads to other outside websites, such as Facebook, Shutterfly, Snapfish, Flikr, or one of 20 other sites!!!  Depending on the card you choose, you can do video also!  Here is a chart that shows the differences between the cards!  



If you can, go check them out!  They really are as easy as that, and make my life so much easier that I don't have to do go through the processes of uploading photos - cause all I have to do now is press a button!  

I originally created this post for Jennifer Fox Designs: HERE!

Let me know what you think!
Have a great day!
Jenn
(jk703)

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, as someone that looses cords often, this is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like it is from the future or something :D Imagine, going back a few years, and telling that in the future you could put a card in your camera, and then link it up with a computer and they would communicate!? :) hahah, they wouldn't believe us! I will have to check that out for sure, don't know if we have them in Norway yet tho, but I am sure they will come! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is a nifty tool! I wonder if it would also work with the photos on my phone? I think I might need to give this a try - thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my computer actually has a card reader built in or I would always lose my cords...but this sounds like a great idea

    ReplyDelete