Meatballs! Besides calling my kids that, I love to eat them! I hope you do too - cause that is my meal to share today! An easy family favorite...
Crock Pot Meatballs!
You will need (the winded version):
Frozen Meatballs! I choose to use Turkey meatballs...and I made 96 meatballs.
Red Spagetti Sauce - homemade sauce or bottled sauce will do!
Diced Veggies - approx. 2-3 cups - onions, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, green pepper, carrots, or any others that you might like.
McCormack Grinders Italian Seasoning
Optional: Cheese, Garlic (Powder, Salt, or even Fresh... add if you like)
1. Plop the meatballs in your crock pot....set to Low Temperature. I have a 96 piece bag!
2. Add either your own sauce or any other sauce you like, approx. 32-48 oz. I tend to use about half of the number of meatballs! For today, since I have 96 meatballs, I used approx. 48 oz. of sauce. Here is a pic as I am adding the sauce in... Turkey Meatballs are sooo yummy!
3. Add the diced veggies. I've added onion, green pepper, mushrooms - they are very small because I try to hide them from my kids! LOL!
4. Stir it all together; coat meatballs and veggies well.
5. Sprinkle some garlic salt or garlic powder, or even a fresh clove of garlic.
6. Grind the McCormack Grinders Italian Seasonings. I used about a 1/2 tsp for my large amount. Stir.
Cook for 4-6 hours on low. Remember to check your meatballs at 4, 5, and 6 hours depending on your crock pot and temperature settings. Here are mine after a good stir and 6 hours of cooking...
Now at the end... you have some choices for your dinner. You could boil some pasta and serve the meatballs over. Just toss the cooked pasta in with the meatballs and serve... OR you could do what we did and make mini Meatball Hoagies! My boys love them, and they are yummy! Sprinkle the cheese goodies on top if you like... We didn't tonight, but it is my fav topping!
This big batch is perfect for lunch later in the week or a second meal one night! Easily freezes too! Hope you've enjoyed it!
Thanks for visiting! If you have any recipes that you are looking for a fast version for, let me know -- I love a good challenge! Have a great Monday!
Originally created and posted by me for Jennifer Fox Designs: Here!